Below are tutorials produced by Chemeketa Online covering some of the various tools and features found in the new eLearn Blackboard Learn 9.1 system.
Click on a tutorial listed below to view more information.
Add Test Student
View the following tutorial and then create a test student account in your Blackboard Learn 9.1 course. You will then be able to log into eLearn and view your course using your test student role.
In this tutorial you will learn how to manage your course availability settings so that your test student account can access your courses between terms.
In this tutorial you will learn how to archive your course to your own computer for backup as well as how to export your course for importing into another course.
Copy a Course
This tutorial will cover how to copy your course content & settings from one course to another in Blackboard Learn 9.1.
Course Copy Process
- Log in to http://elearn.chemeketa.edu
- Go into the old course you want to copy
- Under the Course Control Panel > click on Packages and Utilities > select Course Copy
- Select > Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course
- Click Browse to select your course shell.
- Select all content, or as desired. Click Submit
- An automatic email will be generated when the course copy is complete
The above course copy process does not work well with HTML pages created outside of eLearn. If you are using HTML pages created in an external editor, use the Export/Import process to make sure all images move to your new shell.
- Log in to eLearn.chemeketa.edu
- Go into the old course you want to export
- Under the Course Control Panel > click on Packages and Utilities > select Export/Archive Course
- On the Export Package screen > click the Export Package button
- Next, click on the Select All button > click Submit button (you will receive an email when the export is created)
- When the export file has been created, go back to the Course Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course
- Download the Course Export File to your computer
- Now browse to the new course
- Under the Course Control Panel > click on Packages and Utilities > select Import Package / View Logs
- Click on the Import Package button > browse your computer and select the export file > click the Select All button > click Submit button
- Once the file has completed uploading you will receive a message that the Import is Running
- Once the Import process is complete you are finished
General Navigation Overview
In this example, you will learn the general layout of a Blackboard 9.1 classroom, the tools that are used, and how to navigate the system.
Message & E-Mail Tools
In this example, you will learn how to send a message to your instructor or classmates using the Message Tool or how to send an e-mail from your My Chemeketa Gmail account using the E-Mail Tool.
In this example, you will learn how to create a new discussion forum, how to create new thread within a discussion forum and how to reply to other discussion threads.
Blackboard Produced Instructor Tutorials
Blackboard creates videos to help students and instructors learn to use Blackboard.These tutorials provide step-by-step information on how to use the features of Blackboard Learn.
View the complete playlist for the entire series of video tutorials for students and instructors on YouTube.