We are now accepting QM Online Course Review applications. This is an optional, voluntary process. Results of the review are confidential, seen only by the review team and the QM Institutional Representative.
More information is available at:
- Application period: November 1 – November 29, 2010.
- Course preparation: December & January
- Reviews: February, 2011
- Modification period (if needed): March, 2011
- Recognition event: late April, 2011
Applications are available at: http://learning.chemeketa.edu/eq/
Due date for applications: Monday, November 29th
Notification date: Friday, December 3rd
Want to have a course reviewed?
Participation in a QM Peer Review is voluntary. If you would like to participate, there are a few steps prior to a review:
- You’ve taught the class within the last 18 months.
- Complete the QM Improve Your Online Course (IYOC) training.
- Let your dean or director know that you are applying for a QM Peer Review.
- Fill out the Peer Review Application Form online, with your course outline attached.
Faculty Course Developer Responsibilities:
Faculty that participate in a course review agree to:
- Provide access to their course to selected trained peer reviewers (3-person review team).
- Complete the Instructor Worksheet to provide supplemental course information.
- Communicate with the review team as needed throughout the review.
- If needed, make the modifications necessary to meet QM standards.
- Complete the review process, including revisions, within the 20-week timeline.
Courses that meet QM standards will be recognized on the national QM web site, and faculty may use the QM seal inside their online course. Chemeketa will celebrate and recognize faculty developers during spring term, 2011. Faculty developers will also receive a $200 stipend upon meeting QM standards.
Please contact Beth Hale, Colin Stapp, Shannon Riggs, Mark Rediske at (503) 589-7873.