Ready yourself for teaching online
New to online teaching? This workshop will help you prepare! Learn how to design, facilitate and assess online instruction to provide a quality learning experience for online students.
This online workshop focuses on the pedagogy of online learning and prepares instructors to develop and shape instruction for an online course at Chemeketa. It addresses online course design, development, and related issues. The activities support course development that is aligned with established best practices as exemplified by the Chemeketa Quality Online Instruction initiative (QOI) and Quality Matters standards.
Learner-Centered Outcomes – Workshop activities will allow you to develop and demonstrate the skills necessary to:
- Design and structure course materials, instructional activities, and assessments to meet Quality Online Instruction (QOI) guidelines and the adopted course outcomes
- Shape, manage and sustain student interaction and engagement.
- Employ a variety of strategies to assess learning and support achievement
- Explore emerging technology and various types of media to support instruction
- Engage in personal reflection and evaluation
NOTE: Completion of this course is required of faculty accepting an assignment to teach an online course at Chemeketa Community College. This course needs to be taken the term prior to delivery of the online course. This workshop is entirely online with no required on-campus participation.
For more info on Blackboard tools training, please visit: http://techhub.chemeketa.edu/blackboard-learn/web-enhanced/
Spring Term, July 9 – August 31, 2018
Register via My Chemeketa
Need more Info?
Contact the Tech Hub faculty at: