Faculty and Staff have access to the Chemeketa Telephone System Conference tools available on the Employee Dashboard that can be used with conducting Adobe Connect Web Conferencing and virtual web meetings. The Cisco IP Phones that the college provides to staff have a feature called Meet-Me.
Using Meet-Me Conference
Meet-Me conferencing allows you to start or join a conference by calling a phone number that you reserve on the Employee Dashboard.
TO INITIATE A MEET-ME CONFERENCE CALL
The action below must be done from a phone within Chemeketa’s Telephone System.
Schedule your Meet-Me conference
- Reserve an available phone number from the Meet-Me Conference Schedule Employee Dashboard Telephone site.
- Distribute the number to participants.
Start your Meet-Me conference
On your Cisco IP Phone follow these steps:
- Press New Call button or pickup the receiver to get a dial tone.
- Press the More button. (The word “more” appears at the bottom of the screen on the right-hand side.)
- On the next screen, press the MeetMe button.
- Dial the last four digits of the number that was reserved for this call. The screen will then change to read “To Conference” and displays the extension number.
TIP: Tell your participants they will hear a busy tone if you call the conference before the initiator has joined. In this case, try calling again during the scheduled conference time.
End a Meet-Me conference
The conference does not automatically end when the conference initiator disconnects. (All participants must hang up).
If you have any questions, please contact the Chemeketa Help Center at 503.399.7899.
Download or Print Meet-Me Phone Conference Instructions from the Chemeketa Employee Dashboard.