Zoom Video Communications provides robust high quality audio/web and video-conferencing in a simple, easy-to-use format.
Chemeketa faculty and staff can host Zoom meetings online from their computers and mobile devices.
- Online office hours
- Online meetings
- Group collaboration
- Mentoring & tutoring
- Record lectures
- Invite guest speakers
Create a Zoom Account
Creating a Zoom account is optional for participants but required for hosts.
Enter your Chemeketa work email address to create your Zoom account. Once you register you will receive an email invite with a link to activate your new account.
Visit http://chemeketa.zoom.us and sign up using your Chemeketa work email address.
Request Pro Account
There are two types of Zoom accounts:
- Pro: unlimited meeting duration for hosts
- Basic: limited to 40 min meeting duration for hosts
If you would like to host meeting for longer than 40 minutes, please request an account upgrade.
Zoom - Frequently Asked Questions
What roles are used with Zoom meetings?
Below are the roles that are used in Zoom meetings.
- Host: The host has complete control of the meeting and all of its settings.
- Co-host: The host can designate one or more co-hosts. Except for ending the meeting and designating other co-hosts, the co-host can perform all tasks available to the host.
- Participant: This role is most appropriate for students and attendees who should not have administrative privileges to the meeting.
Can participants share their computer screen?
- Yes. Participants can share their computer screen by default.
- The host does not need to “pass the ball” or “make someone else a presenter” to share.
Can I restrict participants from screen sharing?
Yes. Meeting Hosts can restrict screen sharing by following these steps.
- From the Zoom in-meeting host controls, click on the arrow next to screen sharing button
- Select > Advanced Sharing Options
- Select Only Host under Who can Share