The Quality Matters TM Higher Education Rubric 5th Edition, 2014 will be released August 1, 2014. All QM Peer Reviewers must successfully complete the online, self-paced Rubric Update by November 30, 2014 to maintain their Peer Reviewer eligibility. The Rubric Update is designed to inform and prepare current Peer Reviewers who are familiar with the 2011-13 Edition of the QM Rubric for the changes to the 5th Edition, 2014 Rubric. All subscribers who use the QM Rubric are encouraged to complete the Rubric Update.
The Rubric Update is free for subscribers, online, and self-paced. We expect the Rubric Update will take about 2-4 hours to complete, depending on the extent of changes to the Rubric and participants’ familiarity with current QM standards.
- Any Peer Reviewer who does not successfully complete the required Rubric Update by November 30, 2014 will be required to reapply to become a peer reviewer and will need to meet current requirements of the role, including but not limited to, additional professional development.
- Effective July 1, 2014, Peer Reviewers will also be required to hold and maintain a QM subscription by affiliating with an active, subscribing institution/organization or by purchasing an individual QM subscription.
- In addition to the Rubric Update, all reviewers are required to update their information provided on the online Peer Reviewer Application/Memo of Understanding (in MyQM).
Beginning today, Peer Reviewers who have not updated their Role Applications within the past year will need to do so in order to access the QM Course Review Management System. (Master Reviewers will also be asked to complete a new role-specific application in the near future.)
Upon login to MyQM (https://www.qmprogram.org/
“You currently have 1 Suspended Role Application requiring attention. Select an application below to edit / resubmit.”
Below the message is a link to the application.
Higher Education Peer Reviewer Application
- Selecting the link will open the current application for editing. You will need to review the information, correcting any entries where needed.
- At the bottom of the page, you will need to indicate agreement with the terms of the Memo of Understanding by selecting the Yes radio button and selecting the Update Application button.
- The role application will be automatically validated and access to the Course Review Management System will immediately be restored.
Please complete Steps 1 through 3 below:
1. Login to your MyQM account to complete the following:
a. Username is your email address on file with QM.
b. Use the Forgot Password link if you do not have your password. The password reminder is mailed immediately (Check your spam and/or junk folder if email is not received. If your password does not work for any reason, please use the “Need Help?” link in the blue toolbar, located below the QM Logo).
2. Update Peer Reviewer Discipline Information:
a. Log in to MyQM (http://www.qmprogram.org/myqm
b. Select the “Higher Education” tab
c. Select the “My Tools” menu
d. Select the Edit Role Applications link
Ensure the Expertise area marked is the area in which you teach online or the area in which you hold a degree.
Discipline areas: Example: “History”
Discipline Notes: this section is used for specific discipline areas and/or actual course names you are teaching: Example: “US History, World History, History of Western Civilization”
Please be as specific as possible in the “Discipline Notes” section. Most searches for reviewers are completed using this section.
e. Review and update the rest of the fields as needed
f. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Yes radio button and select the Update Application button.
3. Register for the free, online, self-paced Rubric Update:
a. Log in to MyQM (https://www.qmprogram.org/
b. Select the Higher Education tab
c. Choose the “Workshop – Register” menu item from the left-hand navigation menu
d. Select the link, Register for Rubric Update.
e. You will receive an email with instructions on accessing the course.
f. Course access will be available on July 1, 2014.
g. The QM Online Classroom is located at https://moodle.qmprogram.org. Your MyQM username and password also allow you to access the QM Online Classroom. The logins are the same for both sites.