The timeliness and quality of instructors’ grading feedback was rated as a top priority for students, according to surveys of Chemeketa Online students. The feedback provided to students not only helps them track their progress in a class, but can also help form their understanding of course concepts.
The eLearn system provides several possibilities for grading and providing feedback on student work:
- Assignment/In-Line Grading tool
- Email and Messages tools
Some best practices for grading student work in online classes are . . .
- Let students know how long it will take to grade and return assignments
- Provide detailed rubrics
- Include gradable items in your classes early and often
- Assign points to everything you want students to do (students don’t often opt for “optional” learning activities)
- Use “Track Changes” in Word, or format your comments in a different font color or weight
- Use “macro” programs (such as Shortkeys Lite) to make the grading process more efficient and to make your feedback more detailed
- Consider using audio or video tools as an additional feedback method
Below are some support options to choose from including tutorials, help manuals, training opportunities and links to our self support knowledgebase.
Learn how to navigate the eLearn Gradebook.
Below are several other tutorials available on Gradebook:
You can read about using the Gradebook in the eLearn Mastering the Gradebook manual.