A FREE four-week long online workshop for anyone interested in open textbooks. This workshop includes BOTH asynchronous activities and synchronous webinars each week. This course will take about 4-5 hours each week to complete. This workshop is sponsored by BC Campus OpenEd
January 12 – February 6, 2015
The workshop is asynchronous so you can participate any time. We will schedule one synchronous session each week featuring a special guest. The time for each synchronous session will vary from week to week. However, these will be recorded so you can access them later.
- Week 1 (January 12-16): What is Open? What is an Open Textbook?
- Week 2 (January 19-23): Creative Commons Licenses
- Week 3 (January 26-30): Institutional Readiness
- Week 4 (February 2-6): Find, Evaluate and Modify Open Textbooks
These sessions will be facilitated by the B.C. Open Textbook Project team: Clint Lalonde, Amanda Coolidge and Lauri Aesoph
Who should participate?
- Do you have questions about open textbooks?
- Are you interested in providing students with quality resources to support their learning?
- Are you curious about what is involved in adopting an open textbook?
- Do you have expertise to share?
If your answer is yes or maybe to one or more of these questions, then participate by registering below.
(this link will take you to a different website to register)
Please email email@example.com. These sessions will be facilitated by the B.C. Open Textbook Project team: Clint Lalonde, Amanda Coolidge and Lauri Aesoph